Skip to content
English Translation for the Main Points in an Article by H. H. Pope Tawadros II Published in El karaza Magazine on June 26, 2020
“The Motherhood of the Church”
- The Church is the mother led and guided by the Holy Spirit.
- The Church has to meet and cope with changing situations and circumstances.
- The Eucharist is the real presence of Christ, while the methods of distributing the Eucharist have changed throughout the times.
- There are currently two approved methods of Communion: The traditional method, which uses the consecrated vessels of the altar, and the alternate way to dispense the Body dipped in the Blood in case of illness, or exceptional circumstances.
- When the Sacrament was established, there was no global pandemic, infecting millions and killing hundreds of thousands of people. But at present, the need calls for exceptional measures of prevention and mitigation.
- God is neither stagnant, cruel, nor apathetic.
- Now is a time of repentance and readiness, not of stubbornness and cruelty.
- Now is a time of tears, not of shows and arguments.
- The call for taking preventive measures is not a forsaking of faith.
- We can only ask for Divine Mercy and Compassion on us all, our church, lands and children.